Overview & Key Features
The FARGO® HDP6600 ID Card Printer and Encoder offers the versatility to meet card application needs today and in the future. With a standard high resolution 600 dpi printing module for superior text and image quality ανδ an add-on dual-sided printing, encoding and lamination modules, the system’s flexible architecture lets you expand or reduce production instantly.
For greater system capacity, an optional dual-card input hopper lets you easily manage multiple card types and higher card volumes, expediting even the biggest production jobs. For one-step, inline printing and encoding, HID Global offers multiple, field-upgradable encoder options.
- Ability to print up to 230 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)
- Patent-pending iON™ technology for unparalleled printer readiness and intelligent temperature control
- Retransfer-based wasteless lamination
- Simultaneous print and retransfer
- GreenCircle® certified energy savings
- With 600 dpi standard printing resolution, HDP6600 prints clear, crisp images, text and barcodes with vibrant colors.
- Produce highly-secure contact and contactless, multi-function smart cards that address your specific needs and connect to other systems, such as visitor management, physical or logical access control, time and attendance, or cashless vending.
- The HDP6600 has several field-upgradeable features that can be added to the printer as your needs change. For example, an optional dual-sided, printing module can add company, or employee-specific information to the back of a card, such as when a barcode or digital signature is also desired. Or select the dual-card hopper option to simultaneously produce both employee and student or contractor IDs in a single pass.
- Cards, ribbons and overlaminate cartridges load quickly and easily, making it easy to operate and maintain over time.
- Side Printing: Single or Dual.
- Lamination: Thermal Transfer Overlaminate, PolyGuard™ Overlaminate. All overlaminates available in clear, standard holographic design or custom holographic design.
- Print Method: HDP® Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer.
- Resolution: 600 dpi.
- Print Speed: up to 16/29 seconds per card / 230/126 cards per hour (YMC with transfer).
- Included Software: FARGO Workbench™ printer maintenance and diagnostic software with Color Assist™ spot-color matching.
- Data protection: AES-256 encryption on the printer over a secure network.
- Card capacity: 100 card input hopper, 200 card output hopper.
- Memory: 1GB RAM.
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80.
- User-friendly, SmartScreen™ Graphical OLED Control Panel.
- 600 dpi Standard.
- Card Flattener.
- Dual Card Input Hopper, 200 cards.
- Card Lamination Module - single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous).
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless).
- Card input/output hoppers doors and cartridge/consumables physical locks.
- Printer cleaning kit.
- Magnetic stripe encoding.
- Dual-sided printing.
- Single Wire, Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS® and contact smart card encoding).
- Wi-Fi® module.
- Secure proprietary consumables system.
- Custom secure holographic HDP Film and overlaminate
- LMX card lamination module with One Material and Two Material configurations available.
FIPS 201 Compliant
The HDP6600 is designed to help you comply with emerging federal secure identification directives and standards such as HSPD-12, FIPS 201 and PIV.
HDP6600 is on the GSA list for FIPS 201 Approved Products.