Overview & Key Features
The FARGO® HDP5600 ID Card Printer and Encoder is a cost-effective and reliable solution that features a high resolution 600 dpi printing option for superior text and image quality. This all-in-one solution is ideal for government agencies, universities, corporations and healthcare facilities that need to routinely produce large volumes of high definition IDs or multi-function smart cards.
With the new HPD5600, you can print clear, crisp images, text and barcodes – even precise, complex characters such as Kanji, Arabic or Cyrillic are clearly defined and easy-to-read. And because the HDP5600 also features a versatile, modular design, you can field-upgrade the printer as your needs change.
- Print clear, crisp images, text and barcodes.
- Produce highly-secure contact and contactless, multi-function smart cards that address your specific needs and connect to other systems, such as visitor management, physical or logical access control, time and attendance, or cashless vending.
- The HDP5600 has several field-upgradeable features that can be added to the printer as your needs change. For example, an optional dual-sided, printing module can add company or employee-specific information to the back of a card, such as when a barcode or digital signature is also desired. Or select the dual-card hopper option to simultaneously produce both employee and student or contractor IDs in a single pass.
- Cards, ribbons and overlaminate cartridges load quickly and easily, making it easy to operate and maintain over time.
- Side Printing: Single or Dual.
- Lamination: Thermal Transfer Overlaminate, PolyGuard™ Overlaminate. All overlaminates available in clear, standard holographic design or custom holographic design.
- Print Method: HDP® Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer.
- Resolution: 600 dpi or 300 dpi.
- Print Speed: up to 24 seconds per card / 150 cards per hour (YMC with transfer).
- Included Software: FARGO Workbench™ printer maintenance and diagnostic software with Color Assist™ spot-color matching.
- Data protection: AES-256 encryption on the printer over a secure network.
- Card capacity: 100 card input hopper, 200 card output hopper.
- Memory: 64MB RAM.
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80.
- SmartScreen™ graphical display.
- New: Optional 600 dpi.
- Dual Card Input Hopper, 200 cards.
- Card Lamination Module - single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous).
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless).
- Card input/output hoppers doors and cartridge/consumables locks.
- Printer cleaning kit.
- Magnetic stripe encoding.
- Dual-sided printing.
- Single Wire, Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS® and contact smart card encoding).
- Wi-Fi® module.
- Secure proprietary consumables system.
- Custom secure holographic HDP Film and overlaminate
FIPS 201 Compliant
The HDP5600 is designed to help you comply with emerging federal secure identification directives and standards such as HSPD-12, FIPS 201 and PIV.
HDP5600 is on the GSA list for FIPS 201 Approved Products.